MEMBER STATES >> AUTHORITIES GERMANY CYPRUS UK
TYPE APPROVAL CERTIFICATES BY COUNTRY
EC COMPONENT AND SEPARATE TECHNICAL UNIT APPROVAL BY COUNTRY
|TYPE APPROVAL CERTIFICATES BY COUNTRY|
9.10.2007 – Official Journal of the European Union – L 263/103
EC TYPE-APPROVAL CERTIFICATE NUMBERING SYSTEM (1)
1. The EC type-approval number shall consist of four sections for whole vehicle type-approvals and five sections for system, component, and separate technical unit type-approvals as detailed below. In all cases, the sections shall be separated by the ‘*’ character.
Section 1: The lower case letter ‘e’ followed by the distinguishing number of the Member State issuing the EC
Section 2: The number of the base directive or regulation.
(1) Components and separate technical units shall be marked in accordance with the provisions of the relevant regulatory acts.
L 263/104 – Official Journal of the European Union – 9.10.2007
Section 3: The number of the latest amending directive or regulation applicable to the EC type-approval.
— In the case of whole vehicle EC type-approvals, this means the latest directive or regulation amending an Article (or Articles) of Directive 2007/46/EC.
— In the case of EC whole vehicle type-approvals granted in accordance with the procedure described in Article 22, this means the latest directive or regulation amending an Article (or Articles) of Directive 2007/46/EC, except that the two first digits are replaced by the letters KS in block capitals.
— This means the latest directive or regulation containing the actual provisions with which the system, component or technical unit conforms.
— Should a directive or regulation contain different implementation dates referring to different technical standards, an alphabetical character shall be added to specify to which standard the approval was granted.
Section 4: A four-digit sequential number (with leading zeros as applicable) for EC Whole vehicle type-approvals, or four or five digits for EC type-approval pursuant to a separate directive or regulation to denote the base type-approval number. The sequence shall start from 0001 for each base directive or regulation.
Section 5: A two-digit sequential number (with leading zeros if applicable) to denote the extension. The sequence shall start from 00 for each base approval number.
2. In the case of an EC type-approval for a whole vehicle, Section 2 shall be omitted.
3. On the vehicle’s statutory plate(s) only, Section 5 shall be omitted.
4. Example of the third system approval (with as yet no extension) issued by France to the braking Directive:
5. Example of the second extension to the fourth vehicle type-approval issued by the United Kingdom:
6. Example of an EC whole vehicle type-approval granted to a vehicle produced in small series issued by Luxembourg, pursuant to Article 22:
7. Example of a national type-approval granted to a vehicle produced in small series issued by the Netherlands, pursuant to Article 23:
8. Example of the EC type-approval number stamped on the vehicle’s statutory plate(s):
9. Annex VII does not apply to UNECE Regulations listed in Annex IV of this Directive. Type-approvals granted in accordance with UNECE Regulations shall continue to use the appropriate numbering provided for in the respective Regulations.
|EC COMPONENT AND SEPARATE TECHNICAL UNIT APPROVAL BY COUNTRY|
|EC COMPONENT AND SEPARATE TECHNICAL UNIT APPROVAL BY COUNTRY
9.10.2007 – Official Journal of the European Union – L 263/105
EC component and separate technical unit type-approval mark
1.1. a rectangle surrounding the lower-case letter ‘e’ followed by the distinguishing letter(s) or number of the Member State which has granted the EC component or separate technical unit type-approval:
1.2. In the vicinity of the rectangle the ‘base approval number’ contained in Section 4 of the type-approval number preceded by the two figures indicating the sequence number assigned to the latest major technical amendment to the relevant separate directive or regulation.
1.3. An additional symbol or symbols located above the rectangle, enabling certain characteristics to be identified. This further information is specified in the relevant separate directives or regulations.
2. The component or separate technical unit type-approval mark is affixed to the separate technical unit or component in such a way as to be indelible and clearly legible.
3. An example of a component or separate technical unit type-approval mark is contained in the Addendum.
L 263/106 – Official Journal of the European Union – 9.10.2007
Addendum to appendix 1
Legend: the above component type-approval was issued by Belgium under number 0004.01 is a sequential number denoting the level of technical requirements to which this component fulfils. The sequential number is attributed in accordance with the relevant separate directive or regulation.